Friday, June 15, 2012

Here we go!!

Alright, it's time that I put my hundreds of pins to the test. I spend hours drooling over meals and desserts and see so many tips to make life easier and I am ready to test it all!! So, here we go!!!

I have been a proud Pinterest beneficiary since July of 2011 and the first thing that I put to the test was... Drum roll please...(because these really do deserve a drum roll!!!)  

HOME MADE SAMOA COOKIES!!


These are, in one word, A-mazing!! 

A couple things...they took me, by myself, FOUR hours!! However, I definitely ate four hours worth of cookies... not sure if that's good or bad??!  I actually told my husband, who LOVED them, that I would only make these once a year for a special seasonal tradition because they were so time consuming. But, after about 4 months went by, I had thought so much about them that I HAD to make them again sooooo, we made them today

*TIPS*
-I would probably consider making the shortbread cookie part the day/night before so they can cool and split up the prep time so it's not a whole day project.
-Watch your caramel carefully while cooking because today when I made these I think I over cooked it and it made the cookies more crunchy and a little less than par.

Anyway, if you want to have a small taste of Heaven, just click HERE for the recipe. You won't regret it!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment