Thursday, July 12, 2012

Braided Cinnamon Wreath

 This was awesome!! I have already printed it and added it to my cookbook!! 

It was a little trickier than I thought it was going to be to braid it... that's probably just a 'me' issue but I thought it was a fun treat to serve for my girl's night tonight. It really was beautiful :)


Click here for the recipe!
**I also added glaze on top of mine. I just poured some powdered sugar in a bowl and stirred in a little bit of water until I got the consistency I wanted. Just brush the glaze all over the top right when it comes out of the oven.

*TIP*
This did NOT raise in an hour as advertised!! I made this in a time crunch and I had planned to have it ready to roll out in an hour like the recipe said and it wasn't close to ready.

I tried another Pinterest tip to get it to raise faster- placing the bowl on a heating pad. I've actually tried that in the past and it worked great but I'm convinced that since I was stressing out about having this done in time today ( I basically sat and hovered over the bowl waiting for it to raise) it didn't work well... Anyway- below is my bowl on the heating pad :)   I think in the future once I braid it I will let it raise more before I put it in the oven...



No comments:

Post a Comment