Monday, July 16, 2012

S'mores Graham Krispie Treat

I made these this afternoon for the perfect addition to my "The Men Tell All" Bachelorette party tonight!! 
(For those of you watching this season with Emily- We are a TEAM JEF fan club only!!)

Anyway, chocolate, marshmellows, Golden Grahams... Need I say more??!!


Mine looks a little more messy because as I was making them I decided to add more chocolate and I added more marshmellows on top. It may not look as pretty but I'm pretty excited to devour it!!


Below is the picture off Pinterest.  They look so pretty.  

(Click HERE to go straight to the original link for the recipe)


S'mores Graham Krispie Treats


Yield: 12 Bars
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
Total Time: 25 Minutes
A twist on a campfire classic treat

Ingredients:

1 bag (10 oz) Mini Marshmallows
1 cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate chips + 1 for topping
1 box (12 0z) Golden Grahams Cereal
6 Tbsp Butter
1/2 teaspoon Vanilla
Non-Stick Cooking Spray

Directions:

In a 9x9 inch baking pan, spray with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
In a large non-stick pot over medium heat, melt butter. Add in marshmallows and stir together with butter until marshmallows have melted and become creamy. Stir in vanilla extract.
Fold in grahams cereal until all marshmallows and grahams are evenly mixed together. Mix in 1 cup of chocolate chips. Spread treats into sprayed baking pan. Press into pan and sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup of chocolate chips on top of the treats, lightly press into top of treats to make sure they stick. Place into fridge for 10 minutes to cool.
Slice into bars and serve. Devour.

*TIPS*

-  I think I stirred to long once I put the chocolate in because mine all melted and got everywhere... not necessarily a bad thing, just doesn't look as pretty.

-I accidentally greased an 11x13 pan and poured mine in that before I realized it asked for a 9x9 but I'm glad I made that mistake because they were a little thinner bar and will go farther when serving. In a 9x9 the bars would be pretty thick. 

-Like I mentioned before, I added extra chocolate and marshmellow- I'm happy about it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment