Sunday, September 30, 2012

Baked Butternut Squash Fries

I was excited when I saw these on Pinterest the other day because I had just brought home a fresh butternut squash that afternoon!! I had planned on cutting it into cubes and baking it with a little olive oil and salt but cutting them in french fry shapes and calling them fries just sounded WAY more fun! PLUS having them look like french fries is a WAY easier way to get my 2 year old to eat them!! 

We loved these, however we are big squash people! They don't taste like fries at all and I think they would taste gross dipped in ketchup or anything. They were pretty soft and would snap in half easily when eating so they are easier to eat with a fork. But like I said, my 2 year old ate them without a fight because they were 'fries' and for that reason alone, this will be the only way we bake our squash from now on!! :)

HERE are the instructions.

No comments:

Post a Comment