Friday, October 5, 2012

Oh, Liquid Stitch...

Where have you been my whole life?!

I am NOT a sewer. However, I do own a sewing machine and supplies and every once in a while I take on a project that I think I can make without following any kind of pattern and basically do the whole thing using the 'trial and error' method. 

This year for Halloween I wanted my 2 year old to be 'Jessie' from Toy Story and I wasn't satisfied with any costume I could buy. I went to my husband with my frustration and that's when he turned to me and said, "why don't you just make it?"  Hmmmm. There's an idea. Well, I let that sit for a few days and then decided, why not?! I bought all my fabric and got to work. 

Let's just say, there is NO way I would have been able to finish this Jessie shirt with out the magic that is LIQUID STITCH!  I was looking up sewing tips and idea's on Pinterest and came across a picture of this stuff and felt intrigued. I went to Joann's and bought me some with my 50% off coupon and THIS STUFF IS AWESOME!  

I was a little nervous at first because I had white, smeared liquid stitch all over my shirt (mostly because I had no idea what I was doing and just worked with my fingers crossed)  but it dries clear and I don't think that red rope is going anywhere anytime soon!


Seriously, if you have any projects coming up with tricky parts to sew you need to own a bottle of this stuff!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment