Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy Father's Day!

So, for Father's Day I let my husband choose what ever meal he wanted off his Pinterest boards. After much deliberation he came up with...

Spicy Roasted Cauliflower (recipe here)


and
Creamy Dijon Chicken (recipe here)


Both were quite yummy and if you have kids that are picky with vegetables I HIGHLY recommend cooking your cauliflower this way! My 2 year old kept asking for more!! How do you say no to that?! 

So, in the chicken recipe it calls for whole grain mustard and cream. I might just be 'cooking challenged' but for those of you that are like me by cream they DO mean the cream that you would make whipping cream with... I thought that was weird. Also, the whole grain mustard took me FOREVER to figure out what it was and where it would be. I ended up using Google in the grocery store isle to figure out what it looks like and how it's packaged soooo, just to let those of you know- it's by the mustard. I know, how obvious. I'm retarded. Aaaanyway...


*TIPS*

I thought it was easier to chop up the cauliflower and drizzle olive oil on top inside a bowl so I could shake it and then I added the seasonings in the same bowl and did another little shake. Wah-lah- It's evenly coated.
We served the chicken on top of a cooked potato and it was delicious! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment