Sunday, June 17, 2012

Molten Lava Cake

For our Father's Day dessert we tried out a molten lave cake recipe. 

Let's just say mine didn't turn out like this...
(Isn't that beautiful??!! Below picture and recipe are from here.)


Here is my masterpiece.... 

 Don't worry, we salvaged it...


So, I'm not quite sure why I can never get my molten lava cakes to work. I've tried the boxed ones in the past and they are never full of 'lava' so I decided to try from scratch when I saw the recipe on Pinterest and STILL no 'lava'!! I even took them out early at 20 minutes. 

So, even though it was still good (Hello?!! It's chocolate!) I won't be making these again.. Next time we want molten lava cake we'll go to Chilis :)

2 comments:

  1. Hey Mandy - I love -love - love your blog and the fact that you love Pinterest, because so do I! So Margaret actually gave me a molten lava recipe for my bridal shower that you do in the microwave and it is delicious!!! I think (don't quote me because I am at work and don't have it right here) but it was 3/4 cup chocolate cake mix 1/2 cup water (or more if you think) mix it together in a cereal sized bowl and then drop a dollop of hot fudge in the center and microwave for 1 minute. Then put a scoop of ice cream on top and the hard chocolate shell. It is delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. O.M.G. I'm must try it!! I will let you know how it turns out!! If I can't create lava in that one, I'm done forever with molten lava cakes!! :)

    ReplyDelete