Sunday, August 5, 2012

Corkscrew Ribbon Bows

I have been wanting to learn how to make these for forever and was excited when I came across the pin on Pinterest!  They were a little time consuming for me but I'm excited to get them all done!! I'm still working on some for the upcoming holidays but got this cute brown and pink one done this evening. 





To see the instructions just click HERE

** In the directions it says that you HAVE to use 100% polyester ribbon. I thought that was going to be tricky to find but come to find out while standing in Joann's almost all the ribbon there is 100% polyester...
** I wish that I'd bought more than just one dowel, 3 would have been perfect! I think the dowel cost me $0.39 and I could have saved a lot of time baking more ribbon at once! 
** At first I cut my ribbon every 8 twists but I felt like that looked weird and went back and trimmed it all. I think that 6 twists are perfect (3 on each side of the bow)

1 comment:

  1. Oh I've been wondering how to make these little beauties!!! Thanks for posting! PS- yours look darling!!!

    ReplyDelete