Sunday, August 26, 2012

Crispy Southwest Chicken Wraps

Ok, so this may look like just another regular burrito or enchilada or something.. It's totally not! 
I'm not a big rice person but I'm married to one so I thought I'd take one for the team tonight and try this out. The first words out of my husbands mouth were, "Oh hello Taco Bell!" (meant as a compliment, just to clarify)  :) 

But seriously, you know how things are just delicious and not homemade tasting when you go out to eat and you wonder why your's never tastes like that?! (Maybe that's just me) But this was delicious and I was really proud that I made it because it had so many different tastes inside. Seriously, so good!!


To find this recipe (and trust me, you'll want to find this recipe) just click HERE

*** So a few things I did...
-I didn't have fresh cilantro because I had just put all mine in the freezer to preserve it so instead I took my frozen (already in oil) cilantro and used that to cook with my meat separately in a frying pan.
-Also, I didn't want to use chicken so I cut up little pieces of steak and it was obviously delicious.. You really can do so many different things with this recipe. I Love it!
-I also didn't have sour cream and I was concerned it would be dry without it and it definitely wasn't. It would be great with sour cream or guacamole but it definitely stands on it's own as well! 


Seriously try this! 

1 comment:

  1. Our new family favorite recipe! So happy to have found one to put in the regular rotation. I did it without sour cream as well and it was great!

    ReplyDelete