Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Salt Dough Prints

On the actual pin on Pinterest it suggested doing this every year for a stepping stone path in your garden.

 After making it I feel like the only purpose for this would be for an activity with your kids to make and paint but I even then, it takes THREE hours to cook. I don't feel like it looks pretty, it felt more flimsy than expected and mine is currently residing in my garage can.
 I felt a little guilty throwing my 2 year old's hand print away but, meh, I'm over it.


I suppose for older kids they could use this to mold something, cook it, and paint. But, definitely NOT for stepping stones in the garden. I personally will never be making this again...


(FYI On the website where this idea originated she doesn't write anything about making these for stepping stones, That's just what the caption said on the pinning chain off Pinterest.)

To look at the original link just click HERE

1 comment:

  1. Our neighbor did her grandkids prints but in a thin concrete and used for sones in her garden.....salt dough not the way to go, huh?

    ReplyDelete