Thursday, September 13, 2012

Freeze Green Onions

This afternoon as I was cleaning through my fridge I remembered I'd bought a ton of green onions on sale the other day and they were just about to make a turn for the worst. 

Right then I remembered on Pinterest I saw the idea of chopping them so they are ready to use and throwing them in the freezer for future dinners.

I am in love with all the food preserving Ideas I wish I'd started doing a long time ago!! 

This one's great too because I HATE cutting onions of any kind. I swear my eyes are so sensitive! So this way I only have to suffer through burning, tearing eyes once for months worth of onions. :)

This idea originated HERE

1 comment:

  1. I totally do this now & it is SO nice! I only buy green onions now about once every 3 weeks instead of once a week. I also like that I only have to cut them up one time, so it cuts down on my total chopping/cooking time. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete