Saturday, October 20, 2012

Monster Cake

I had to make a cake for a Halloween party cake walk and decided to attempt this bad boy! 
I saw it on Pinterest forever ago and loved it but never had a reason to make it until now!!

They judged the cakes before the cake walk began and this thing won first place!! Oh yeah!!

I went to Joann's and bought a frosting tip that is suppose to make frosting grass and used that for the hairy look. This took me about an hour to frost the whole thing that way but I LOVE how it turned out!

Then I made my cake pops, dipped them in chocolate and once that hardened I used my butter cream to stick the googly eyes on and then piped the "hair" all around the eyes too!

THIS is where I got this Monster idea from and this website has TONS of awesome cakes and ideas!!

** In her monster cake she used a star tip. I decided I wanted mine "hairy" but I think both ways are cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment