Friday, November 16, 2012

Sweet Potato Burger

I always read those blogs about budgeting and it seems something they all have in common is throwing a couple vegetarian meals in your weekly menu. Cut down on how much meat you buy. I always wondered what meals WE would like that didn't have meat. Even salad sucks without meat.

Well, I found a meal!! We LOVED this!! Well, actually a friend of ours found a meal and told me she discovered it on Pinterest. So, naturally I had to try it!! 

 These have so much flavor! I didn't plan well enough and totally forgot to plan any side dish for dinner tonight but we were happy just piling these down our throats, ha!! 

HERE is the recipe!!

**So, for the sauce it says you can use either sour cream or greek yogurt. We used the greek yogurt and it was delicious!!
**I had no clue what cannellini beans are and almost tried the recipe without them since I didn't know what they were. Good thing I changed my mind because you NEED the beans. Mmmm!!! Also, I walked around the store searching on my phone what they were and where I'd find them. They are just white kidney beans and found in cans (just so you don't find yourself in my position!)    :)
**This recipe says it makes 4 burgers. I used 2 large sweet potatoes and ours made 9!

ENJOY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment