Thursday, November 15, 2012

Turkey Hair Bow

Let me just start by saying this took WAAAAY longer then it looks like it would. I thought I would fly through this in like 5 minutes and I think it took closer to 45. Ha. 

As I was going through my massive container of ribbon I realized I didn't have the thicker brown ribbon I wanted to use for the body so I tried making the body out of a thinner brown ribbon.... As you can see below it looks more like a dying penguin. 

So, my turkey is a dark green color... ANYWAY, I was sort of depressed as I was making this because it looked dumb to me the whole way threw until I put the beak on and stepped back. Then I loved it! So, if you decide to make one just keep going because it will turn out cute!!  :)


Oh, the eyes? Yeah, I can't believe my stash of googly eyes has diminished! I know, I have a 2 year old, I should ALWAYS have googly eyes on hand! So, tonight, my turkey is blind but tomorrow he shall see!!

HERE is where this idea came from. 
This link is a shopping site, not a DIY site so I made mine by looking at the picture and using my famous 'famous trial and error' method.

**Obviously by looking at the top picture I would use only the thicker (I call it scrapbooking) ribbon...
** for my beak and red dangly I just cut off pieces of orange and red ribbon
** I just hot glued this bad boy on a simple alligator clip and it's ready to wear!

No comments:

Post a Comment