Sunday, September 9, 2012

Caramel Apple Bites

Tonight we were craving something sweet and we didn't have anything to make our cravings happy! Ha. So, as I was looking around Pinterest I came across this idea and remembered I had some delicious caramel waiting for us in the back of a cupboard for a 'rainy day'.

Today was a humid 80 degrees but as far as I was concerned it was definitely a 'rainy day' :) So, I headed to the kitchen and started chopping up some apples!! I've been waiting anxiously for the crisp autumn weather to find us here in New Jersey and what's more autumn-esque then CARAMEL APPLES! (I feel like maybe it will come a little quicker if I do things like this:)  )

We obviously knew these would taste delicious and I wanted to try the Pinterest bite size version as I felt it would cater well to my 2 yr old. It was PERFECT for the kiddo!! However, I had a hard time getting caramel to stick to anything besides the skin of the apple so they weren't the most beautiful... I'm pretty sure nobody in my family even noticed though, they were basically inhaled. Mmmmmm!!



Click HERE for the original link

**I don't think I would ever make caramel apples this way for anybody else besides just my family. Because, like I said before, they aren't that pretty. Obviously quite delicious though :)

No comments:

Post a Comment